Items of Work
1. Policy on quartering/accommodation applicable to Army, Navy and Air Force except issues pertaining to payment of allowances in lieu of quarters/furniture.
2. Individual cases of Army related with quartering/ accommodation like hiring /de-hiring/ assumption/resumption of building/retention of marriage accommodation/quartering of the Army personnel as well as the Defence civilians (except at Delhi which is done by CAO’s office).
3. Matter concerning House Rent Allowance and compensation in lieu of Quarters (CILQ) to Armed Forces Personnel.
4. Dealing with Directorate General of Defence Estates (DGDE) * website of DGDE is www.dgde.gov.in
5. Administrative control over the Cantonment Boards and Indian Defence Estates Service (IDES).
6. Cases relating to co-ordination in so far as the Defence Ministry is concerned with the Public Premises (Eviction of the Unauthorised Occupants) Act, 1971.
7. Eviction of unauthorized occupation from properties held under the charge of Army as distinct from Defence Estates Service.
8. Opening military roads to public use, not involving construction of alternative roads.
9. It deals with the following rules etc.:-
i. Revision of Special Army Order – Revision of accommodation and allied services & recovery of quartering charges from service officers.
ii. The Cantonments Act, 2006.
10. Policy on F.S.I. (Floor Space Index).